The Windrush Equestrian Foundation launched its first project, Young Eventers Programme. Our vision is to bring education, training and welfare to talented young event riders and their horses, supporting their futures.
Bring education, training and welfare to talented young event riders and their horses, supporting their futures.
The programme will include a mentoring scheme where each rider will have a tailor-made training programme and an education programme alongside the Young Riders Academy.
WHAT DO THE RIDERS GET FROM OUR MENTORS?
- Money can’t-buy mentoring by Pippa and the former Eventing Team GBR World Class Performance Manager Yogi, both at Pippa’s yard and at events in the UK and across Europe, each rider will benefit from a tailor-made training plan bespoke to them, their current competition level and their previous experience.
- Insight into the successful management of a top sports stable.
- A look at the financial overview of running a yard.
- An experienced view of how to select and produce young horses from one of the World’s best Studs.
Photo: Nigel Goddard
WHAT DOES THE EDUCATION SIDE INCLUDE?
The riders will have the opportunity to join the very successful Young Riders Academy riders at the hugely prestigious Geneva International Horse Show and at Franklin University in Switzerland. Enjoying yet another money-can’t-buy experience, the young eventers enjoy an access all areas look at the show itself as well as the opportunity to take part in a number of joint lectures and seminars.
Across the year the following subjects are delivered in-depth by leading industry experts:
- Equine Veterinary Science
- Team – building and management
- Mental coaching and Sport Psychology
- Finance & Economics
- Marketing & Media Communication
With additional monthly private Social Media coaching, online guided Pilates sessions, readily accessible mental coaching sessions and both Yogi Breisner and Pippa Funnell on speed-dial, the Programme aims to fully support its riders in every area of their Eventing careers.